Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Hi All!

We ended our Egypt extension yesterday by taking a one hour sailing trip on the Nile on a traditional sailboat called a faluka (although I have no idea how you really spell that!) We also got to go to the Cairo Museum where we were able to view all of King Tut's tomb treasures, including the solid gold "death mask" which is never allowed to leave the museum. We also took a day trip to Alexandria, which was one of the most important centers of Christianity in the first few centuries.

Early this morning, we all made our way to the airport and Bishop Schneider and the rest of the group headed for Paris and then Dulles. I headed back to Germany, where I am now. I'll catch a flight back to Dulles tomorrow evening. This has been an incredible trip and I look forward to telling you all more about what I've learned and experienced.

I've really enjoyed being away, but I'm glad to be heading home tomorrow. I look forward to seeing many of you on Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. While people may have different views still good things should always be appreciated. Yours is a nice blog. Liked it!!!. For more information about the budget hotel please Click Here.

    ReplyDelete